[UK-CONTEST] Off Topic (Licensing)

Dave Lawley dave at g4buo.com
Sat Aug 29 02:25:08 PDT 2009

It should be perfectly possible to produce a combined exam which is the
full exam, plus a few questions from the Foundation and Intermediate
pools to give some assurance that all areas are covered. This could be
taken in a single setting *for a single fee*.

As to the practical assessments, you might consider that if a candidate
has held an overseas licence for, say, three years then this would serve
to remove the need to do the assessments.

I hope that the RCE take seriously the defects in an otherwise good
system, which presently put barriers in place for experienced and
capable candidates. I hope the RCE will address this problem.

Dave G4BUO