[UK-CONTEST] RSGB 80m CC Contests

MM0BQI MM0BQI at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Feb 1 08:22:27 EST 2009

Dave/Les,

Nice to hear you both welcome the changes I am sure the guys who have put in
hundreds of hours work to achieve this appreciate your support.

It is short notice, but I am not sure we really have a problem, the new
system will only take sixty seconds longer to complete.  It currently takes
me EIGHT hours per CC contest (sixteen hours per month approx 400 entries)
to sort out the logs before starting any adjudication.  No one will lose out
in the changeover; I will happily work with anyone who needs help getting to
grips with the new system.

The same way I worked with lots of entrants to get a useable form of
Cabrillo file for the adjudication software. Logs sent via the old email
address will receive a reply explaining that there are changes to the system
and be directed to the new robot entry page.   I have had my seven year old
next door neighbour and my 80 year old mother in law test the entry system
and they both managed to upload a log file with no issues.  Neither of them
have any interest in radio!

A few instant benefits to us all that spring to mind are acknowledgment your
log has been received, confirmation you have sent the correct file, you have
completed the coversheet correctly AND an instant view of logs received.
Not a bad set of extra benefits for sixty seconds work.  Longer term it
frees up many hours Committee time per month to tackle the real issues
raised by contesters on this reflector and in the soapbox comments.

I appreciate it is short notice but will it really make any difference to
anyone after the contest?

As well as sending notification to UK-Contest, GMDX and CDXC I have emailed
everyone who submitted a log last month notifying them of the changes.

Once you have submitted your log all comments and observations would be
really appreciated.

73

Jim,  MM0BQI

80m CC CW/SSB Adjudicator