[UK-CONTEST] SSB CC

David Ferrington, M0XDF M0XDF at Alphadene.co.uk
Wed Feb 4 05:42:45 EST 2009

Now I'm going to be controversial...

No multipliers please.

For those of us just getting started or in locations where full size,
resonant antennas are not possible, getting to some 'squares' on SSB
could be hard.
For those with lots of space, perhaps no near neighbours, unlimited
antenna farms with full size dipoles etc, a vertical here and there,
beverages and maybe even a beam on 80m, hitting the top spot would be
relatively easy.
This would mean those of us limited by location wouldn't stand a
chance of getting close to the top (and I find it hard enough as it is).
Unless of course you want to introduce many handicap criteria, like
the antenna used, more on power, perhaps level of license (maybe 3
power sections; 10, 50, 400W).

Personally, I view these as friendly contests, great for getting new
licensees started and having a dabble, you can strive to beat
yourself, but chances of winning personally are small. Can we keep it
the way it is in terms of scoring please.
It it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Fine if we introduce locators too and maybe (gasp) give 'real'
reports, so new licensees get a better understanding.
73 de M0XDF
--
Not all those that wander are lost. -J.R.R. Tolkien, novelist and
philologist (1892-1973)