[UK-CONTEST] 80M CC DATA

g3ory at lineone.net g3ory at lineone.net
Wed Feb 11 16:55:56 EST 2009

Chris,

You wrote:

>>>He just obliterated me and then had the cheek to say I had moved to
his frequency - this was an hour in and I had been on 3594 from 19:00
having some banter with a few of you guys!

I think there are some ops who have not yet got fully to grips with
Data modes and who haven't much clue as to the frequency they are on.
Especially with PSK where there is net on/off and afc on/off to contend
with.

73 Bob
G3ORY

rate and then i knocked over the glass of water on my desk! Completely
went out of sync. I then got my regular tuner - I seem to get him/her
every time I get a run going no matter what band I am on!

>Then my MixW programme decided that it was not going to play and the
receive indicators would not follow the TX indicator so my S&Ping for
the last 30Mins was out the window. But I ended up with a decent effort
- even though I know I could have done a lot better.

>Contest :80m CC DATA 11 Feb
>Submitted:Wed Feb 11 21:41 2009
>Deadline:Wed Feb 18 2009
>Section :LOW
>Callsign:G1VDP
>Group   :Strumble Head DX and Contest Group
>QSOs    :58
>DXCCs   :8
>
>And this new log robot is superb. Looking forward to this weekends
CQWPX shenanigans where I hope I can get my programme working again.
Going to leave it for now and try again tomorrow night.

>Thanks to all that called in and I worked, and I am sorry to those I
missed - especially when the idiot set up 10Hz away from me and had a
signal as wide as the Thames Estuary! He just obliterated me and then

Save money with Tiscali Money's tips - http://www.tiscali.co.uk/money