[UK-CONTEST] 80M CC CW

DAVID BUTLER g4asr at btinternet.com
Fri Feb 20 04:25:40 EST 2009

My first foray down to 3.5Mc/s for quite some time.

I had spent the last few days putting up two 300 foot doublets running N-S and E-W, feedpoint at 75 feet
but in the heat of battle forgot I had two antennas!

Should not have downloaded the logging software only 3 hours before the contest.
It all screwed up by the 2nd QSO (!) so resorted to paper - that didn't help.

The shack ergonomics were all completely wrong but the contest was a good shakedown
for future events. Must buy a new paddle.

Like others the band significantly changed around 2100 hours at which point I lost interest and just did
a little bit of S&P for the last 30 minutes.

Total was a measely 81 Qs without using one of those new fangled rigs that have something called
selectivity!

Great article in Radcom by the VHF Manager about the 4O3A contest station.
I must get one of those!

73 David G4ASR