[UK-CONTEST] HFCC Review

RAYMOND HILLS g3hrh at btinternet.com
Fri Feb 20 07:35:30 EST 2009

I understand that the HFCC are having an "open" review shortly.  My twopennorth is to ask that the 80MCC and 80Sprint contests be re-jigged so that we avoid having an 80M event on a Monday immediately followed by a 144AC on the Tuesday.  I know that the 144AC choice of the first Tuesday in the month is (apparently) immutable but the 80M calendar could be rejigged to avoid the preceding Monday.  That apart I have no other strong views although I do think that starting the 80MCC in January did not produce the great increase in GM activity that was hoped for.  Reverting to a February start would, in my view, be better especially as it would give breathing space for the two AFS events.

Ray G3HRH