[UK-CONTEST] The quest for QRO

Ken Eastty ken.g3lvp at btinternet.com
Sat Feb 21 16:48:57 EST 2009

> > David, G3YYD wrote:
> >
> >> I note the 4O3A SO2R position photo has circa 1500 watt output
> >> amplifiers. Isn't it about time we started  a vigorous movement
> >> to campaign for 1500 watts for a full licence?

I'm sorry but I totally disagree, even in the unlikely event that this
were to occur only a handful of 'G' stations would really be able to
take advantage of it, those who are fortunate enough to live out in the
'sticks' without neighbours and these guy's probably already have the
advantages of being able to erect bigger towers & antennas to say
nothing of suffering less local QRM.

What I would like to see is an ERP limit but pigs will fly first, at
least I'd like to see an end to stations declaring equipment as XYZ
transceiver plus some unspecified amplifier. The amplifier or final tube
in home built amplifier should be declared in the entry together with
the antenna as is the case for V/UHF contests. It's quite within the
remit of the contest committee to require this.

73...

Ken

G3LVP