[UK-CONTEST] UK-CONTEST] HFCC Review

Peter Day microwaves at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Feb 22 13:40:51 EST 2009

g3ory at lineone.net wrote:

> Have the first monthly 80m CC session on the SECOND Monday of the
> month, then the second session on the Wednesday in the week following
> that and then the third session on the  Thursday in the week after
> that.  All this does is to push the 80m CC one week later in the month
> using all the same days that are used at the moment.  You end up with
> the week 'off' at the beginning of the month instead of at the end.

This would help me immensely! I'm the new chairman of Sheffield ARC
and the first Monday of every Monday is a club lecture. Naturally I
have to be present to introduce the speaker and so I miss the 80m CC
on those nights. I would forsake the second Monday club meeting for
the contest and find someone to deputise for me at the club... however
this is not possible on the first Monday. I didnt have this problem
last year as I wasn't chairman!'Our club 80m CC scores already reflect
my lack of participation :-)

Peter G3PHO