[UK-CONTEST] G4TSH Club Championship CW

Justin Snow justin at g4tsh.demon.co.uk
Mon Jan 5 16:48:32 EST 2009

Contest         : RSGB 80 meter Club Competition
Callsign        : G4TSH
Mode            : CW
Category        : Single Operator (SO)
Overlay         : ---
Band(s)         : Single band (SB) 80 m
Class           : Low Power (LP)
Zone/State/...  :
Locator         : IO91TK
Operating time  : 1h30

 BAND   QSO DUP  POINTS   AVG
------------------------------
   80    97   0      97  1.00
------------------------------
TOTAL    97   0      97  1.00
==============================
       TOTAL SCORE : 97

Dupes are not included in QSO counts neither avg calculations

Operators       : G4TSH
Soapbox         : No time to do anything but operate from the domestic
QTH here, complete with S8 noise floor. However conditions seemed to be
good and found I was able to run stations despite the low power and
small vertical better suited to working DX.  Keying problems with
Win-test and Microham that caused a few embarrassing  moments and could
not make the "Insert" message work for 95 out of 97 QSO's!  Also found
that the antenna was only resonant at the bottom end of the band, so the
SWR was a tad high by the time I was tuning above 3530! Might have made
the ton had it not been for these small problems. FT1000, Butternut HF2V