[UK-CONTEST] 12v down a long run of cable

g3wvg at btinternet.com g3wvg at btinternet.com
Wed Jan 7 04:50:37 EST 2009

Hi James. (and the rest)

Just to muddy the water.  On Field Day we use a remote SG230 atu.  This
works perfectly using a 100m run of "rotator" cable fed with 12v.  We use 2
+ 2 conductors for the 12v supply and the rest for the control function.
For top band we usually use a separate remote ATU (sg230 isn't so efficient
at 1.8 MHz) and to switchover the antenna we have a h/brew balanced
(two-relay) antenna switch.  To power this we use the same 12v psu and up to
100m of cheap twin lighting flex.

Not an elegant solution but very simple.

73 Ian G3WVG  (Three A's Contest Group)