[UK-CONTEST] (Slightly OT) - Eqpt insurance for operating abroad

stewart rolfe gw0etf at btinternet.com
Thu Jan 8 09:11:48 EST 2009

Hoping to pack my radio for a fortnight's holiday to the Gambia in late February. So what does everyone contesting in foreign climes do about insuring their gear? Normal 'personal posession' cover included in typical travel insurance packages doesn't appear to cover even the second receiver I've just installed in the K3 - are ARIS worth a call?

Normally I'm a 'rucksack backpacker' with little or no interest in baggage insurance....

Stewart Rolfe, GW0ETF