[UK-CONTEST] Speed changes response to posts

Roger Cooke g3ldi at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Jan 12 13:26:30 EST 2009

Hi.

  To reply to a couple of posts.  Bob, 5B4AGN had a valid point which I had not catered for, in that if somebody sending at 18 wpm answers my CQ of 28 wpm, of course I would assume he is copying. However, I usually do slow down even for that guy. That will at least confirm a one-off exchange rather than waiting for repeats.

  As for Dave's objections to the variable speeds within a macro, I don't quite see why there should be a problem with that. However, I would like to know if it does deter others, because if it did I would send all at a constant speed. Try telling some of our UA friends about that, their TEST and 599's are about 90 wpm. Well, I suppose they have to as their normal speed is around 50 anyway!

  By the way, I was not one of the "aged G3's" trying to get his serial number correct! I was the aged G3 who messed up his log for the first ten Q's after setting it to send after 3 characters! I hit enter automatically and the shack air was quite blue!

Regards from Roger, G3LDI
Swardeston, Norfolk.