[UK-CONTEST] CC contest - what a difference a few days makes

G4FNL g4fnl at bubloz.demon.co.uk
Thu Jan 15 15:17:45 EST 2009

As anticipated, the SSB leg of the CC contest in January, was a bit of a
struggle for me. I only managed 82 Q's. Hat's off to Clive 'POI who showed
us 'how it's done' once again. (although I'm amazed that I nearly doubled my
QSO quantity in the CW event just a week or so before).

Like Colin, G3PSM I was a bit suspicious about power levels - well
actually - there was just one station that I am suspicious of, that seemed
to have a lot of splatter, but otherwise, I reckon that most people play by
the rules. After all, it's a bit of a hollow victory to get results by
cheating. Also, we shouldn't forget that it's just a hobby....

>From a personal perspective, I try and better my results from the previous
time. Sometimes I do, mostly I don't - but it's good fun trying!

Graham G4FNL