[UK-CONTEST] AFS SSB

Steve Jones steve at rjtraining.fsnet.co.uk
Sun Jan 18 14:38:05 EST 2009

RSGBAFS-S Score Summary Sheet

       Start Date : 2009-01-18

    CallSign Used : GW0GEI
      Operator(s) : GW0GEI

        Club/Team : Dragon ARC
         Software : N1MM Logger V8.12.7

        Band    QSOs    Pts
         3.5     383    3830
       Total     383    3830

            Score : 3,830
              Rig : FT1000 inrad

         Antennas : Inverted V dipole for 80m @ 55ft

        Soapbox : Ran on one frequency for the whole contest.Had the best
first hour                     ever with stronger than usual G signals.
Plenty of activity around, including europeans.
        Had some clown record my cq and play it back on the frequency for
around 30 mins
        but didnt really stop me working most stations who called. Had some
heavy splatter
        from a G3 who landed a couple of kcs up from my run frequency half
way through the
        session, but managed to work through that too. Plenty of DL stations
towards the end
        along with a smattering of other eu stations to bulk up the log.
Enjoyed the contest
        more than I usually do on ssb - and think it was a personal best for
me. Cannot work         out if it was helped by the antenna at 55ft rather
than normal 40ft for this contest, or             the fact that i had
changed the orientation of the V slightly and raised the ends up a bit
higher.

73

Steve GW0GEI