[UK-CONTEST] Sequence of a typical Contest exchange

David Ferrington, M0XDF M0XDF at Alphadene.co.uk
Sat Jan 24 13:43:33 EST 2009

Would people please comment, I'm in 'discussion' with software
developers (cocoa version of MacLoggerDX is in beta) and we seem to
have a differene of opinion as to the order of an exchange. Now I'm
very willing to admit, that as a contester of all of 2 years with all
of 3 or 4 different contests under my belt, I could be wrong, but..

This is what the developer is saying:
> 1. Tabs move between the following fields:
> 	Call --> Recv text --> Recv S/N --> Sent text --> Sent S/N --> RSTR
> --> RSTS

And I'm saying:
OK, we must work very different contests, because although I'm
seaching & pouncing, not running, in every contest I've ever been in,
the sequence is
Call -> Recv RST (normally 59, but in VHF, not always) -> Recv S/N ->
Recv text (or something, sometimes 2 or 3 bits of into)

Then I reply with
Sent RST -> Sent S/N -> Sent text  --> Log it

  Your comments most welcome
--
Black holes are where God divided by zero.
-Steven Wright, comedian (1955-)