[UK-CONTEST] Info needed

Tony Roskilly g3zrj.morsekey at btinternet.com
Wed Jan 28 16:57:50 EST 2009

G4ODV asked:> I have just acquired a second (third/Fourth?)hand Butternut
HF6V.
> ?
> Needs a good cleanup but everything seems to be there with the exception
> of the matching 75 line which seems to connect to the feedpoint.
> ?
> Does anyone have the dimensions of this piece as the instructions do n ot
> include this detail.
> ?
> TIA.
> ?
> 73? Brian.

Hi Brian,
the line is an electrical quarter-wave on 14 MHz,  assuming use of RG-8,
RG-213, RG-58 and other solid
insulation coax that is 0.66 x physical length.     234/F gives you
approximately  16.5 feet   x 0.66  = just under 11 feet.

For the actual feedline figure for the Butternut HF6V, HF9V etc check the
Bencher  (they took over Butternut)
website where you can download the instruction manual in .PDF format and you
will find the matching section length buried away at the end under
Troubleshooting.

Hope this helps,
   73  Tony G3ZRJ