[UK-CONTEST] Further to Re: Info needed

Tony Roskilly g3zrj.morsekey at btinternet.com
Thu Jan 29 03:08:10 EST 2009

Hi,
I have been advised that I should have  made clear that the matching section for the Butternut HF6V should be 75 Ohm cable.  If I may have mislead anyone by quote a variety of 52 Ohm types as an illustration of solid dielectric coax velocity factors I apologise.   The Butternut HF6V has a feed impedance of something like 100 Ohms on 20M due to its being longer than a quarter wave on that band, the 75 Ohm 1/4 wave section is described by
Butternut as a "geometric mean" to transform the nominally 100 Ohm feed impedance to match 52 Ohm coax.      All this is explained in the downloadable .PDF file I suggested accessing from the Bencher website.

Vy 73
  Tony G3ZRJ