[UK-CONTEST] CQ WPX CW GJ3WW

Dez Watson g3ww.dez at virgin.net
Sat Jun 6 14:03:07 PDT 2009

Contest         : CQ World Wide WPX Contest
Callsign        : GJ3WW
Mode            : CW
Category        : Single Operator (SO)
Overlay         : Tribander/Single Element
Band(s)         : All bands (AB)
Class           : Low Power (LP)
Locator         : IN89VE
Operating time  : 35h55

 BAND   QSO DUP  PFX  POINTS   AVG
-----------------------------------
  160    25   0    4      50  2.00
   80   168   2   88     384  2.29
   40   396   4  215    1180  2.98
   20   969  13  342    1881  1.94
   15   272   3   67     386  1.42
   10   118   1   20     136  1.15
-----------------------------------
TOTAL  1948  23  736    4017  2.06
===================================
      TOTAL SCORE : 2 956 512

Dupes are not included in QSO counts neither avg calculations

Operators       : GJ3WW

WPX has never been one of my favourites - mostly pure rate affair
although there are some tactics selecting off-times and those double
pointers.

Unsurprisingly, working barefoot couldn't get any decent runs going
until well
into the first day, difficult to find a spot on 40 or 20 at first let
alone holding
a QRG until late Saturday evening.

20 was awesome to North America, working well into the wee small hours.
Even 15
was still open to the States around midnight, likewise 10 to South America.
Some nice JA runs on 20 made a refreshing change.

High dupe count, perhaps I was mis-spotted. Got called G1VWW several times!
Callsign not being in the Super Check Partial probably confused some of
the newer ops.

Not many U.K. mults worked, didn't hear a single GI or GW.

Logs have been uploaded to LoTW having returned back from Jersey this
evening.