[UK-CONTEST] New CQ WW Category

Paul O'Kane pokane at ei5di.com
Thu Jun 11 12:06:25 PDT 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mark David" <sqwubbsy at gmail.com>

> From CQ Magazine June 2009 - "We also introduce a brand new
> competition category for the CQ World Wide DX Contest. We
> call it the “Xtreme” category"

A quote from the rules:

"This new category has been established to allow amateurs to
participate in the CQ WW Contest while experimenting creatively
with Internet-linked stations and other new technologies."

It seems to me that whatever CQ Magazine chooses to call the
resulting QSOs, they're not amateur radio QSOs.  I hope they
will recognise this, and give them, or the new hobby, an
appropriate name.

73,
Paul EI5DI

"Of course I'm still sailing - it's only a little engine."