[UK-CONTEST] New CQ WW Category

Peter peter at tilgate.co.uk
Fri Jun 12 06:09:39 PDT 2009

I've been biting my tongue on this one  although of course, as yet
another OF, my sympathies reside firmly with Paul and Brian.  But
really, CQ have been stuck between a rock and a hard place for some time
now.  There have been increasing complaints about "cheats" in recent
years, involving dubious use of alternative technologies.  So what did
they do?  Set  up a new "no holds barred" section for them.  Being a
commercial organisation they need to be suitably PC and so rather than
calling it the Cheats section, they just invented a different name for it.

As long as "we" all recognise it for what it is, there must be benefits
in that these guys now have a section all to themselves and "we" no
longer have to compete with them on a spurious level.  It would be
rather nice though if Xtreme entrants were required to provide a
distinguishing element in their exchange.  Then "we" could decide
whether or not we actually wanted to work them . . .  How about it, Roger?

73
Peter G3LET