[UK-CONTEST] Remote Control

tom wylie thomaswylie at sky.com
Sat Jun 13 12:47:37 PDT 2009

I think I am with Paul on this one.   The USA is one Country - so a
station no longer has to identify his call area - eg K6AAA could equally
be in New York as California and so on.

A Russian UA9 might just be over the Urals or on the birder with UA0.

What is there now (technically) for the Californian guy to have complete
propagation and yes maybe even two sunrises if he operates his "A"
station from his home and when he feels like it, operates his "B"
station remotely from his other - remote - east coast location.

In a contest which uses serial numbers how is anybody to know?

This gives him (or her) an unfair advantage and is tantamount to
cheating in my book.   IMHO it is certainly outwith the spirit of the
Contest!

The only benefit I could see in our much smaller country is like if
Clive (POI)was on holiday and GB7HQ needed his station, it could be
remoted from the mainland!!

I think the rules of contesting should be reviewed to take this scenario
into account.  Its difficult enough competing at the moment.

Contesting has got itself into a mess with big stations running
humungous amounts of power totally un-policeable relying on self
policing and "honesty"..... as the man says - yea - right!

Tom
GM4FDM