[UK-CONTEST] BERU 09

gm4fam at tiscali.co.uk gm4fam at tiscali.co.uk
Mon Mar 16 04:15:29 PDT 2009

Disappointed with the negative GB5CC comments - Steve / Quinn did a
very fine job - and many thanks guys for trying twice to fill the
missing 15m bonus gap here.

Another improved score here this year and gradually getting the hang
of when to take the off times - have now resorted to switching the rig
off during breaks cos there is nothing worse than hearing a juicy bonus
halfway thru the enforced down time!

Very disappointing 10 and 15m conditions more than made up for by
those on 20 thru 80, and some enormous sigs from the usual culprits.
40m was outstanding all day saturday, especially early on and between
1600-2000z - went very mushy for a couple of hours after that but was
reliable thru the night.

And I echo the thanks to Dave BUO for his efforts on getting various
sought-after countries on the air - it was quite an experience to put a
VU in the log without the bonus claim - just great to hear so many
Indian stations on.

Was it just me or did others find that Chris's sigs from ZL4CT were
much louder and more consistent than any other ZL station on 80 and 40?

73 Cris
GM4FAM

Fancy a job? - http://www.tiscali.co.uk/jobs/