[UK-CONTEST] BERU - HQ stations

Frank Hunt zl2br at ihug.co.nz
Fri Mar 20 04:23:13 PDT 2009

I'm not convinced that we need any HQ stations at all in the Beru,
never mind a whole heap more!

I don't believe that having more HQ stations active will result in
increased interest and activity in the contest. The good general
promotional work that G3PJT and others have been doing and the
introduction of the team competition have born fruit so why not
continue in the same manner?

Taking into consideration the number of G and VE stations who are
active in this contest compared with the rest of the Commonwealth, I
find it hard to understand why there have not been multiple G and VE
teams.

The worse case scenario of having say 25 or more unique bonus point
HQ stations, (although I will admit it's extremely unlikely to happen
in the Beru), is a smaller scale version of the all out big gang
warfare that takes place between multi-multi European stations in the
IARU contest. Initially in this particular contest only IARU Zones
were multipliers. Then the rules were changed and HQ stations were
given unique multiplier status and now the number of HQ station
unique mults exceeds the number of Zone mults. In my opinion and a
few others, this contest has gone down hill as a result.

73, Frank ZL2BR