[UK-CONTEST] Digital modes and band plans - BARTG Clash.

G3VDB (Jim) jimevans at g3vdb.com
Mon Mar 23 03:02:54 PDT 2009

> Whether this was bad planning by one or other of the organisers or is an
annual clash ....

I don't know either, but.....

I was a BARTG member from the late 60's to the late 70's (when I gave up the
hobby). The BARTG Spring HF contest was an annual event then though I can't
be specific that the weekend has always been the 3rd weekend in March.

The 1977 event attracted 122 entries and 8 check logs from 59 countries; it
was described in the results as "a most successful event which has once
again been generally accepted as one of the major events of the RTTY
Calendar"

Other regulars here were heavily involved in BARTG at the time and may have
more archival information on the event history.

[The bandwidth taken by the current high number of entries, its inefficient
use and disregard to bandplans gives me concern; I have to admit I was part
of the problem for a couple of hours, S&P between 14075 and 14110].

I have never heard of the Russian RDX Contest until this year. That is
probably my loss and reflects my interests :-))

Jim
G3VDB