[UK-CONTEST] Domineering VHF Contest Stations

Andy Swiffin a.l.swiffin at dundee.ac.uk
Fri May 8 06:19:19 PDT 2009

<784692.25747.qm at web24106.mail.ird.yahoo.com>, Ray James <gm4cxm at yahoo.co.uk>
wrote:

> To David G4ASR (welcome!).....as per above David, the UKAC's now have a
> recognised slot in the calender that's dead easy to remember, 1st Tuesday 2m,
> 2nd Tuesday 70cm, 3rd Tuesday 23cm/13cm etc etc. Rather than re-invent the
> wheel with a new breed of cumulative contests, would it not be easier to just
> amend a current but monthly UK contest by either my suggestion, Peter's
> cumulative rules or something similar?

> We don't need a new contest to fix it, we already have a regular monthly
> UKAC to make that start.

Yes please,  if Ray's rule suggestions get taken on board (and for the first time, I'm actually getting hopeful at the positive tone in the discussion) please don't create a _new_ set of contests to put them in, just adopt the existing ones.

I am sooooo looking forward to getting QRV in these.....

73
Andy
gm8oeg

The University of Dundee is a registered Scottish charity, No: SC015096