[UK-CONTEST] Free Versatower!

DAVID LURCOOK david.lurcook at btinternet.com
Sun Oct 18 04:47:01 PDT 2009

Apologies if this is slightly off-topic but it may be of interest to fellow contesters...

In my search for a trailer Versatower I stumbled across the following web site:

 http://www.applecrackers.co.uk/

I contacted George Gillam (his email in link above) who is very helpful. The above web site is undergoing maintenance so may not be available this weekend. This 40ft Versatower is indeed free but it must be dismantled and cleared from site (including Post). George emailed me some photos and I have put these on Flickr at:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/16155658@N02/

As you will see it has seen better days (!) but I am sure can be restored - although may need new winches and winch cables. Apparently the tower is still functional. The tower is Post mounted (not Base Plate mounted) and George confirmed the Post is set in the earth only (not concrete).

If interested I suggest you contact George via email. I said I would mention the Versatower on this reflector.

Regarding that trailer Versatower...........if any of you know of a 60ft or 80ft trailer Versatower for sale then please let me know. I am assuming that, unfortunately, I won't find any of these going free !!

73's David G4ERW