[UK-CONTEST] Proposed changes to UK activity Contest

Gordon Paterson gordon.paterson at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Oct 21 03:59:27 PDT 2009

Andy GM8OEG said:

<<Do you mean something like: Squares bordering you count 1 mult,
squares bordering them count 2 mults, squares bordering them count 3
mults etc?
<<A bit of a different shape in IO91 of course as only UK mults will
count :-)

<<Interesting, but maybe a bit of a nightmare to score?

To be honest, I didn't know how to score it but thats a good idea. I
believe there is a European VHF contest scored like that. I remember on
the Wintest reflector somebody asking for that to be implemented.

It's quite interesting I think. The further away you are, the less Q's
you get, less mults also but at least they would be valuable. Distant
stations would be seeked out as both parties benefit from the higher mult.

It still won't make those on the edges into winners but does encourage
activity towards them when  they are valuable.

Of course, old logs could be run through any new scoring algorythm to
ensure fairness???  Of course it would be great if the rules favoured me
but I don't think that will ever be the case. But it's annoying when
they do clearly favour others in  certain area's.

I'm not going to mention KST HI.

Reg/Neil.  Are comments on this reflector being picked up for the
purposes of the questionnaire?

Gordon
MM0GPZ

PS  Off to help build GM0B Multi Multi for CQWW this weekend.