[UK-CONTEST] Proposed change to UK Activity Contest

Regwoolley at aol.com Regwoolley at aol.com
Wed Oct 21 05:07:13 PDT 2009

In a message dated 21/10/2009 11:45:48 GMT Daylight Time, peter at bowyer.org
writes:

A more  accurate version of that event:

You used KST to announce your operating  frequency seconds before the
start of the contest. You were subsequently  referred to the relevant
rule (4i) which bans its use 'to assist an entry  to a contest', and
deliberately makes no reference to 'during the contest'.  The wording
of that rule hasn't changed since I wrote it (I just  checked),
although I no longer have any jurisdiction. You argued the point  at
the time based on what you assumed the rule said, rather than what  it
actually says.

It was clearly your intent to assist your entry,  hence you were
advised that your action broke rule 4(i). As I recall there  was no
further penalty applied other than to privately point out  your
transgression and engage in a lengthy and somewhat circular  email
discussion on the topic.

Peter G4MJS

Peter

The Rule you quote here has since the time of my wrist slapping has been
incorporated into the main body of the rules. At the time of the incident.
The  rule was an amendment brought out after the main rules were published. It
stated  If I remember correct that KST could not be used to assisted an
entry DURING a  contest,. My input to KST was a few sec before the start! It is
now water under  the bridge. I was just sticking my head above at parapet
to say it was me that  broke the rules as imposed by the committee.

Reg G8VHI