[UK-CONTEST] Receiver Question Slightly OT

Bob Henderson bob.5b4agn at gmail.com
Wed Oct 28 11:34:52 PDT 2009

Hi James

This could be useful but only if you were to want a single frequency 5kHz
b/w receiver.

Front-end xtal filters are sometimes used by contest stations wishing to
receive and transmit simultaneously on the same band.  In this situation the
two receivers in use would have input filters which don't overlap.  Inrad
market such filters.  You can view typical frequency/bandwidth combinations
here:

http://www.qth.com/inrad/

4O3A in Montenegro have gone even further:

http://www.4o3a.com/front-end-filters/multiple-crystal-front-end-filters.html

They must suffer some incredible levels of intermod to justify an approach
like this.

73

Bob, 5B4AGN