[UK-CONTEST] Issue over a mast

Jerry Scarr jerryscarr at googlemail.com
Sat Oct 31 14:42:02 PDT 2009

Don

I was advocating a G5RV or top band tune able long wire strung from house to
tree/s. ( a natural existing fixing point)

  A tower fixed into the ground with or without an aerial array needs
planning consent, as it is a permanently in situ.
An application can be turned down on aesthetic grounds under planning law.

However I would have pointed out that one tower with an aerial array is
infinitely less obtrusive than a wind turbine and that a tower does not have
turning blades at variable speeds that do frighten horses and kill birds

The birds flying into wire, frighten horses addition power required are all
hot air ramblings from a " Hot Air"  person and are quite frankly ridiculous
comments and nothing by any stretch of imagination to do with the said
application, nor are they pertinet or justifiable reasons, and the Chairman
of the Planning committee should have said so.

If Nick is going to pursue the application he is welcome to contact me QTHR.

Personally I would like to see these stupid comments if they were printed in
a local newspaper and definitely linked to the perpetrator in order that I
could reply...

73's (  Now off the soapbox)  and GD DX

Jerry (G6LBL)
North Yorks.