[UK-CONTEST] Transmitting Band Pass Filters

Bob Henderson bob at 5b4agn.net
Sun Sep 6 09:06:43 PDT 2009

Some will be aware I ran a construction project for multi-band,
transmitting, band-pass filters last year.  The filters are of Chebyshev
topology similar to that employed by W3NQN.  Printed circuit boards and
custom metalwork were designed for the project.  Alas all product ordered
was committed to project group members, so none remains.

Recently, I've had a number of enquiries from new folks interested in
building these filters.   Consequently, I'm considering the possibility of
ordering a further run of PCBs and possibly custom metalwork if interest
warrants it.  I can only provide guideline costs at this stage.  A set of
high quality double sided PCBs with etch resist and silk screen layers
produced for the last run cost around £60 per set.  A set included one
motherboard 343 x 178mm, 6 individual filter PCBs 160 x 40mm, 1 band data
decoder & antenna relay driver PCB 65 x 40mm and 1 front panel switch PCB 46
x 53mm.  The Sterling USD exchange rate has moved unfavourably since then
and this will likely have an adverse effect upon costs.  However, I am
hopeful that other steps will have a favourable effect at least in part
offsetting this.  The ball-park cost for a custom case is £30.  Delivery
costs extra.

Responsibility for sourcing other components will rest with individual
builders, though detail of what is required will be made available.  If you
think you might be interested in building multi-band TX BPFs  you can find
photographs and technical detail at:

www.5b4agn.net

Should you decide to declare interest in obtaining PCB sets or custom
metalwork for this project please e-mail me at
bob.5b4agn(at)gmail.comdetailing the number of each you might require.
 I am not looking for any
financial commitment at this stage, merely expressions of interest.  Cut off
for responses is next Sunday 13 September.

73

Bob, 5B4AGN