[UK-CONTEST] Sprint penalties

Peter Hobbs peter at tilgate.co.uk
Thu Sep 24 20:00:06 PDT 2009

Stewart
The rules seem quite clear - no calling and no CQ-ing within 2kHz of
your last QSO.  If you call a station closer than this and are then
called you would expect to lose both QSOs. This assumes you use a logger
that reads and reports your frequency, but of course there is no
compulsion (yet) to implement this.
73, Peter G3LET

Stewart Rolfe wrote:

>I'm not laying awake at night worrying about this but I am the curious type (or so I am told...)
>
>Say I call CQ on 3528, work x and then tune away and look around. I inadvertantly end up at 3529 (less than the stipulated 2khz qsy) and hear y who I work and then work z on the same frequency of 3529 as I'm allowed before moving off.
>
>Question is do I lose the second 2 QSOs (on 3529) or just the first on 3528...?
>
>I can't seem to avoid at least one instance of this in each sprint and when the totals are so low each loss is a pain. Yes I know I should use SD which apparently flashes at you if you haven't moved by the required amount but swapping programs from my normal N1MM isn't good for my brain; maybe I'll see if it's possible to set up a macro..it'd be handy for the EUSprints too.
>
>73,
>
>Stewart Rolfe, GW0ETF

Peter Hobbs
Business Area Manager, Communications
Drumgrange Ltd.

Tel: +44 (1932) 581113
Fax: +44 (1932) 569646
email: phobbs at drumgrange.co.uk <mailto:phobbs at drumgrange.co.uk>
www.drumgrange.com <http://www.drumgrange.com>

HQ Office:
The Forum
Hanworth Lane
Surrey  KT16 9JX
United Kingdom

Home Office:
Tel: +44 (1444) 400750
email: peter at tilgate.co.uk <mailto:peter at tilgate.co.uk>

This message has been sent from my Home Office.  It has been scanned
using the latest available Virus Database.  However, as new viruses may
appear at any time, Drumgrange Ltd. does not accept responsibility for
any that may remain.