[UK-CONTEST] Deliberately Corrupting call signs.

Gordon Brown gordonbrowns at btinternet.com
Sun Apr 4 09:52:42 PDT 2010

During the recent SP DX Contest I noticed a station located in the UK deliberately using the wrong call sign to elicit a reply and once he had it he then reverted to his correct call sign.  Surely that is unsporting?  Surely it would be wrong for me to use 3M4V and then correct it after contact has been made to my correct call sign G3MZV.  What some people will get up to in order to win makes me so cross I feel like giving up amateur radio and spending my spare time playing lawn bowls where we can expect some doubtful practises.

Gordon 3M4V  (sorry G3MZV)