[UK-CONTEST] Deliberately Corrupting call signs

David Ferrington, M0XDF M0XDF at Alphadene.co.uk
Tue Apr 6 01:27:35 PDT 2010

I don't wish this response to be confrontational or offensive.

I would think the problem with calling with just M3CW was that a UK op thought this was an English M3 calling and they had missed the end of the callsign - being Foundation licensees with just 10w and if this was a CW contact (was it?) the op would wish to encourage them by responding quickly. To then find it wasn't a Foundation license was probably a cause of frustration.

Art, I guess your intent was to convey the location of you as an SP as being in England, but unfortunately, you choose a format that is valid (all be it short) within the UK, I would suggest either just CW or M/SP would have been a better choice. Especially since M/SP raises interest in a Polish op who is working in UK.
--
73 de M0XDF