[UK-CONTEST] UK-Contest Digest, Stupid Phonetics

Steve g8gsq at f2s.com
Sun Apr 11 09:52:03 PDT 2010

I think the 'standard' phonetics were designed primarily to avoid
ambiguity when comms are good and clear. For weak signals or fighting
through interference, too many of them sound similar and can be
confused. Extra syllables and words with different cadences work much
better under poor conditions.

Steve