[UK-CONTEST] Uk activity on VHF

Ray James gm4cxm at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Apr 18 05:19:47 PDT 2010

--- On Mon, 12/4/10, Chairman, RSGB Contest Committee <g3sqx at EdTaylor.org> wrote:

> I note that Ray, GM4CXM, states that there are many "contest committee resignation gaps", and implies that this has been caused by the RSGB Contest Committee's policy on usage of ON4KST.

Please excuse the delayed reply. I was in G & GW on holiday.

I would be interested to know how Ed came to his wrong and public conclusion as I never implied anything of the kind and would appreciate a retraction. Pity Ed didn't just ask me privately.

What I wrote was "Unusual thing to write Reg unless you've now filled one of the many contest committee resignation gaps. Would this explain the singing from a different hymn sheet than what was previously emailed to me personally or copied in?".

This was in relation to Reg's "These are my own views and not those of the RSGB or any of its committees" footnote and nothing whatsoever to do with any personal reason that numerous Contest Committee members have recently resigned. I do not know, have no need to know or have any interest in knowing the private individual reasons for the CC resignations.

73 Ray GM4CXM