[UK-CONTEST] STANAG

Ray Hills g3hrh at btinternet.com
Mon Apr 26 03:00:40 PDT 2010

My experience was that I could readily copy some stations through it but
others were just corrupted to the point of undecodeable.  There were some
that I could decode and called but who didn't reply and maybe they had the
reverse experience?  They were stations who I had worked on RY without any
problems so I guess the signal strength was not the issue.  Anyway let's
hope that they finish the exercises soon.

On the issue of PSK in a contest, I have to admit that I do not like it as a
mode but clearly some do.  Maybe a compromise is to have two legs for data,
one for RY and one for PS?  After all there are four weeks in avery month.

Ray G3HRH