[UK-CONTEST] PSK & RSGB 80M CC Events - ( was QRM on the PSK freq)

Marc G0AZS marc.g0azs at gmail.com
Tue Apr 27 06:17:08 PDT 2010

I have no strong opinion on PSK but I agree that PSK63 would be a better
mode for contests despite its slightly wider bandwidth.*

*More importantly...*

> As Lee said, the bigger problem is that there is not enough room for
everyone to be running RTTY.*

But when I tried to run on 3.605, no-one called. Slotting myself into the
melee further down, I got responses. When tuning around during S&P up to
3.620 (as per the rules), I heard nobody above about 3.602.

If space is really the issue in this discussion, then we are wasting at
least 15 kHz of real estate. I wonder why it wasn't being used in the
contest?

73 Marc G0AZS