[UK-CONTEST] QSL policy

Andy Hewitt andyphewitt at btopenworld.com
Mon Feb 1 10:02:27 PST 2010

I was trying to keep out of this but I felt that I should add my ha'pth. I
like Don collected cards for many years for my personal enjoyment and I
still enjoy receiving them especially those exotic ones from far flung
places with well produced photographs on them. I never intended to apply for
DXCC, that was until at the Oct.2008 HFC I saw the presentation on LoTW. My
first submission on there got me a lot of ticks in the boxes but there were
gaps for some entities (7O!) going back in my career so I sent in a couple
of card submissions . I'm glad I had those cards available otherwise I would
not qualify for DXCC on 6m (for example), and with the present state of
solar cycle 24 it would take a long time to collect them again on LoTW.

I still look forward to the airmail envelopes and the rare (these days)
thump of a bureau package on the door mat.
73
Andy G3SVD