[UK-CONTEST] Feb 144 UKAC

Keith Maton g6nhu at me.com
Wed Feb 3 13:28:22 PST 2010

I thought that conditions seemed average although I hadn't realised until after that we didn't work either GW or GM which is quite unusual.  We made 58 QSOs in 20 squares which is slightly down on what we'd normally do.

Only a handful of Europeans were about, we grabbed the two French stations but unusually Frank (PE1EWR) wasn't on, or if he was, we didn't work him.

I normally run the first half hour but last night I spent that time largely doing S&P which meant that when we had a change of operator, he ran.  I put this change of tactics down to a reduced number of QSOs because we'd have missed anyone who was on for the first half hour or so just giving away a few points.

It wasn't bad, it wasn't great, UK activity seemed up.

73
Keith, G6NHU
Martello Tower Group