[UK-CONTEST] Feb 144 UKAC

Ray James gm4cxm at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Feb 4 03:57:17 PST 2010

--- On Thu, 4/2/10, Keith Maton <g6nhu at me.com> wrote:

> UK activity seemed about normal but we didn't pick up any GMs or GWs this time.

> Better?

Yes Keith, much better!

I don't have a problem if individual operators report increased activity in England but generalisations that this is a UK wide phenomenon are best left to those more experienced in writing such sweeping statements, the CC.
Provincial support has never been worse so in reality the 2m UKAC has become a mass activity session of stations in parts of England and in the main having lots of local and medium distance contacts interspersed with the occasional longer distance one. This is confirmed when noting the current claimed score page and observing half (43) of the entrants have a points per qso average of less than 100Km, 14 of them less than 50Km.
Of the 148 stations who entered the January 2m UKAC, 144 were located in England. From the current claim number of 88, 86 are G.
So much for "increased UK activity". England, yes, UK definitely not.

73 Ray GM4CXM