[UK-CONTEST] Feb 144 UKAC

Rob Harrison robharrison at g8hgn.freeserve.co.uk
Sat Feb 6 13:32:33 PST 2010

Hi David,

Thanks for the explanation.

Some of those aspects of operating are common to VHF too. When to call and
when to S&P, which way do I beam, where's the best propagation, are there
active stations in that direction, am I calling CQ on a frequency on or
close to station "A" who is beaming away and I can't hear, which prevents me
working station "B" who is beaming towards me, but can't hear me due to
station "A". Not the best description, in words, but I think you get the
idea.

The problem of "run" frequency doesn't usually crop up in UKAC, most
stations can't hope to call CQ for the full 2.5 hours, or hold the frequency
for that time, plus it's not as crowded.

73

Bob G8HGN