[UK-CONTEST] General Rules

Peter Howson gm8gax at tiscali.co.uk
Sun Feb 7 07:28:02 PST 2010

Bob,

My licence too is dated from 1977, but originally issued in 1972. I still have
my 1977 licence, typewritten with the details filled in by hand.

There was a major re-issue in 1977. Remember before then you had to apply for a
separate /M licence also if you wanted to transmit fast scan TV you had to apply
for a G6xxx/T. And we think revenue raising by government departments is new??

Glad to say this while I still remember.

73
Peter
GM8GAX

Snip>
As an aside, when I got my "new" free licence a few years ago, it was dated
from 1977. That's the date on my second incarnation of my original licence,
which was dated 1973. My callsign was issued way before 1977.

73

Bob  G8HGN