[UK-CONTEST] Terrain Analysis Software

Roger Thawley Roger at G0BSU.net
Thu Feb 11 14:23:05 PST 2010

Jim,
	While looking around for the same, I came across the following
website, which led me to a suitable solution.

http://freegeographytools.com/2007/mapping-radio-coverage-and-viewing-it-in-
google-earth

I've also found that the ground level view in Google earth, provides some
useful views.

Regards
Roger

-----Original Message-----
From: uk-contest-bounces at contesting.com
[mailto:uk-contest-bounces at contesting.com] On Behalf Of MM0BQI
Sent: 11 February 2010 20:00
To: UK-Contest
Subject: [UK-CONTEST] Terrain Analysis Software

Looking to improve my VHF site this year.  Can't seem to find anything using
Google.
Can someone point me in the right direction for a simple program?
Similarly any ideas for good VHF sites in the south of Scotland gratefully
received!
Also looking to purchase a contest grade 70cms rig, personal opinions and
contest experiences would be appreciated.
73
Jim,  MM0BQI