[UK-CONTEST] CC Data

Roger Cooke g3ldi at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Feb 12 03:43:27 PST 2010

HI David.

  Yes, you do have a very good point there. I well remember doing trans-polar tests with
VE7PL, using packet and the auroral path virtually destroyed the data rendering packet
absolutely useless over that path. Auroral flutter on RTTY can be affected in a similar
way, but with MMTTY, possibly this can be helped with a suitable profile. Also, remember
that the essential data is usually repeated at least a couple of times anyway.
  More tests will help. I have had several 75 Baud QSOs on 80 metres with success, but
as you say, 80m is very bad for multi-path in the evening anyway.
  As for using digital SSTV, I won't get into that.... I have used Easypal, but even on that
copy is not always 100% and people seem to use inordinate amounts of power just to get
the P5 picture and I mean just over a 50 mile path!  Not very green on occupancy or power.

Regards from Roger, G3LDI
Swardeston, Norfolk.