[UK-CONTEST] Wind Turbines

Ken Eastty ken.g3lvp at btinternet.com
Fri Feb 12 04:18:36 PST 2010

> As to your case, I suspect the only consideration is if you do VHF/UHF
> as you would have to consider reflections/blocking from the turbines. I
> don't think there will be much of an issue at HF.
>
> I will stop, we are getting WAY off topic...
>
> 73 Dave G3YMC
>
> http://www.davesergeant.com

Thanks Dave & Neil,

I knew that they were trying to pull the wool over our eyes but didn't
know by how much! Maybe I'm prejudiced as I was once near a small
(~1.5kW?) wind generator which disintegrated in a gale when the
feathering failed & it deposited a 6ft. blade almost at my feet and
another blade went through a roof several hundred feet away!
I forget to mention that whilst (apparently) not a problem at HF (&
VHF?)there are certainly concerns regarding the effects of wind turbines
at UHF & above on Air Traffic radars.

Ken Eastty

near EGBJ