[UK-CONTEST] 432MHz AFS Sunday 7th February

Rob Harrison robharrison at g8hgn.freeserve.co.uk
Sat Feb 13 02:13:07 PST 2010

Ray,

I should have chosen my contest title more carefully. I said NAC, well NAC
is on that night, as is UKAC, most of the other European countries also have
a contest on that night, for the same reasons we do, although many would
struggle to reach Scandinavia from their locations, HB9/I/S5/YU, etc . My
point was that activity is Europe wide on Tuesday's, and the cluster
reflects that activity, it's not just NAC.

You're correct in your observations regarding "fresh" meat. From the point
of view of a contest station, he's going to go for the best pts/qso rate he
can, and as we are to the west of Europe in general, east is where all the
activity is. If however a juicy GM/GI is offered on a plate, he'll swing the
antenna, or use the 2nd system to get that in the log and then go back to
the "killing fields". This happens occasionally here if propogation favours
the PA/DL's to the more easterly regions, we don't get a sniff of near
Europe here.

You make no comment on my ideas for a seperate activity night, or year long
event.

We'll have to agree to disagree (that phase keeps popping up on here) over
'KST and skeds.  23cms is another matter. Each point of view is valid from
where we stand. Location is the key/problem!

73

Bob  G8HGN