[UK-CONTEST] 1st 160m test - GM4CXM

Ray James gm4cxm at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Feb 14 05:29:26 PST 2010

First time effort in this one.
Inverted L terminated across a couple of neighbours gardens.
I was surprised at the relatively low number of UK participants for a RSGB 160m contest at this point in the solar cycle.
The only GM I missed was GM4DZX in Caithness who appeared to be on whatever frequency Clive in Orkney happened to be on. Not the best tactical move me thinks!
Just the one USA contact and he called me. No big deal for some but it was to me.
Would have preferred there to have been a low power section to enter.
I don't know if the lack of one is the reason for poor UK support.
Having submitted my entry, I've now had another look at the Cabrillo file and note despite entering the location designations provided by PACC contestants, these haven't been pulled through by SD and just show 000.
I assume I need to go back into the log, edit them in and re-submit?

The Post Code multiplier was excellent. Could do with that on UKAC's ;-)

108 Valid Q's. 324 points. TS940S, 100w, 125' Inv L.

Didn't bother calling the J38 as he was working split. FB signal but didn't think he'd appreciate a contest exchange whilst DX'ing.

73 Ray GM4CXM