[UK-CONTEST] MOBILE TOWER

GM0ONX gm0onx at googlemail.com
Sun Feb 14 07:47:59 PST 2010

I'm afraid the fact that a tower is mobile is not enough to get around
the requirement for planning permission. Its the degree of permanence
that is the issue.

Anything that is present for more than 28 day is permanent in planning
terms unless you can argue the tower is mobile plant. I know that one
radio amateur lost his appeal last year that his mobile tower was mobile
plant and didn't require planning permission. Mind you he had to crane
the tower into his back garden, hardly mobile.

Len GM0ONX