[UK-CONTEST] [RTTY] CQ RTTY WPX

Darrell G0HVQ g0hvq at talktalk.net
Mon Feb 15 12:29:28 PST 2010

G0HVQ SOAB LP

 Band    QSOs    Pts  WPX
   3.5     172     722  101
     7     232    1032  121
    14     267     626  133
    21     167     431   96
    28       1      2    1
 Total     839    2813  452
Score: 1,271,476

Rig - Icom IC7400 90W
Ant - Hustler 4BTV (40/20/15/10), Cushcraft MA8040 (80)
SW - N1MM logger with MMTTY

At last it feels like we're off the bottom of the solar cycle, condx were
better than in any contest I've been in the past few years: 20m open to the
whole of the US well after dark, 15m open to Japan and Asia in the morning
and US inc West Coast in the afternoon, and even a few F-layer sigs on 10m.
Great to hear KH6 on 20m RTTY at a true S9 2 hrs after sunset, even if I
couldn't bag him with my low power. Always feels a slog towards the end but
came alive in the last hr with the US on 40m, and bagged a Venezuelan on 40m
in the last 10 mins, which always seems to happen in RTTY contests.

Doubled my score from last year so well pleased, but definately in the dog
house with it being Valentines, even though I did take a break and take the
family out to the pub for Sunday lunch. For once, everything went to plan in
the contest: no software locking up, no kids hiding in the shack falling
over the cables and breaking them, etc.

73
Darrell G0HVQ